November 1, 2011
This month I have compiled a list of ten things that I consistently see as examples of people being satisfied with focusing on low value activities:
1. Stuck in minutia
2. Can’t see the forest for the trees
3. Busywork vs. strategic work
4. Labor intensive
6. Language that only your peers can understand
7. One-upmanship vs. business results
8. Ego vs. making others look good
9. Enforcement vs. assessment and prudent risk taking
10. Prescriptive solutions vs. discovering and meeting objectives
What are you doing to maximize your value?
© Wayne McKinnon 2011. All rights reserved.